Friday, October 14, 2011

Rest In Romance Jagjit Singh!!!


A Relationship I can talk about...It's worth sharing, B'coz it's all about JS.. 

I am an absolute movie-buff like my parents and in many ways my parents made me see all the movies which impact my life in many positive ways. I was in standard III, when for the first time, I saw 'Arth' movie with my Bou (mom). There are many beautiful aspect of this complicated movie, which touched me in that tender age. And the voice of the Lead Male Singer of the movie is different... forever His voice feels like a healing ointment, feels like lullaby, feels like much wanted Pampering, feels like a Distant Calling and sometimes feels like Silence.... My first introduction with a Character whom I called JS with love... 




When I used to listen Tum itna jo muskura rahe ho, kya gam he jisko chhupa rahe ho.. I used to drench my pillow with tears without having any sadness here and  there... and when the player switched to Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar Bekarar Hain Ke Naheen and to Tere Khushboo Mein Base Khat... my pillow used to get drenched further... that was when, I was Twelve.... and now when I am in my late Twenties, the reaction is the same- Drenched Pillows... 

Unknowingly, JS made me fall in love with Gazals... 

In teenage, I was such a Riot to outsiders.... Non-stop talker, short tempered, restless fickle minded Stupid Silly girl. But an exact opposite @ home, behind the close doors, I was all quiet,all settled, a Simple Silly girl who loved to lay down on the old high wooden bed (where from she could see the moon through the open window) till late night with her sister to listen to her New found voice of Romance. Beyond Time (1987) with Chitra Singh, Someone Somewhere (1994) with Chitra Singh, Face To Face (1996), Sajda (1991) with Lata Mangeshkar, Kahkashan, Mirage and many more. Initially Mamani (elder Sister) used to make faces. I bored her till death with Gazals of JS.... used to explain her the meaning of each line by rewinding the tape times and again..lately she fall in love with JS too. I think She is the one who tolerate me the most Now and Then...  




I don't know how many kids at that age of mine ,will gonna appreciate watching Saath Saath, Bazaar and Avishkaar like stuffy movies... but I have seen them all. It was not because I was very mature or thoughtful, it was just that I knew that the male character gonna sing Gazal for his lady love with lyrics having Meaning of Life...Like JS... With no offence to the fabulous character played by the actor in each of these movies, I used to find JS taking the center stage without playing any character in those movies :) Now comes the heights- due to a JS crazy me for many years my parents and sister knew there Birthday and Anniversary gifts without any guesses- music albums of  JS. (when you have less pocket money, you learn to share things LOL)... Unforgettable (2001), Saher (2002), Aaeena (2006), Life Story (2006), Love Is Blind (2006), Stolen Moments (2008) Insight (2007) In Search (2007) all have been gifted ;) And more over, JS crazy I can relate each occasion, each emotion to JS songs, few instances;

My first Day in college....Dosti jab kisi se ki jaye
My first Ride in bike .... Hosh Walon Ko
Kumar Purnima Celebration ...Kal chaudvin ki raat thi
First Rain of the season... Ye Dolat bhi le lo
Summer green mango's afternoons... Tum ko dekha to ye Khayal aya
First time Going Distance from Home... Tum itna jo
Lonely nights of MBA... Koi Fariyaad
House hunting in Mumbai ... Baat Niklegi to
Job changes ... Na Mohabbat Na Dosti Ke Liye 
In Prayerful moments.... Mera Jivan teri Saran


and the list just can go on and on......


I believe learning of life comes from many sources in a life time (so what that few of them can be absolutely Filmy) and some of them are constant sources .. JS is a constant source for me. He is a voice of Romance in Divinity for me and for many of you may be (that's includes my elder Sis' too :) I am not his fan, I am his Shagird...
      
And I do relate one of His many songs to Him in recent time ...

                              " Haath chhute bhi to, rishtey nahi chhoda karte
                                       Waqt ki shaakh se, lamhe nahin toda karte
                                               Jiski aawaaz mein silwat ho, nigaahon mein shikan..
                                                         aisi tasbir ke tukade nahi joda karte.................."





[ P.S. Rest in Romance JS, Rest in Love]


With Love, 
Soma

2 comments:

  1. Soma it is so beautiful. I was just writing a blog about him, but I guess you beat me to it. I guess he was worth it. He will be remembered always thru his melodies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Reems! I can't beat you in anyways, you have recently stolen thought of Amitabh from me ;)... the Best part of these silly cross connections shows that we both share some mutual feelings for some Great characters :)Hope we will keep on crossing each other thoughts more often!!! love n' hug...

    ReplyDelete